Thursday, December 11, 2008

Week 16

I guess I'm getting like the kids. . .I started vacation. . .or at least forgot to update for this week.  We are reading a fantasy story called "On the Way to the Pond"  The sound we are working on is the /er/ sound made by er, ir, and ur.   The new vocabulary is:
find
follow
found
four
full
these
way
were

I'm a little bothered that there are 5 new words that start with the letter 'f'.  It sure doesn't help the kids discriminate.

In math we are closing out our book for the first semester.  We will finish mid next week.  Most of this week is working on math facts.  The kids continue to take a math facts tests on the computer every day.  Some are progressing quite well.  Some are having social time at the computer.

I forgot to send a note, but TOMORROW IS MONSTER SANDWICH DAY!  Your child will not need a lunch.

We will be taking next week off from the reading series.  We will spend some time enjoying  good Christmas literature and doing fun projects that go with the season.

We will have our Christmas Party on Friday, Dec. 19, starting at about 12:10.  This gives us time after the last recess to get cleaned up and ready to start the new year in great shape.  I am planning a game and am making Christmas tree shaped cupcakes for the kids to decorate.  I need other food items. . . candy, cookies, carrots, celery, ranch, etc.  Any ideas???  Also something to drink.  I also need paper goods, preferably seasonal.  If you are willing to send any of this please call me.  

I hope you all have a great holiday! Be safe, if you are traveling. You are carrying some great cargo!  I am looking forward to staying home this year, even though it means that Rick and I will be alone.  The kids are too far away and job constraints (which we are eternally grateful for) will not allow us to be together.  At least I get a Christmas tree!!!

No comments: