Sunday, September 18, 2011

Week 6

This week's story is "All That Corn". We will be learning the short o sound of the letter a as in ball. It is anon fiction story that traces corn from the farm field to your home.

Vocabulary words:

buy

that

very

where

Spelling words are:

all

call

fall

wall

ball

tall

on

not

so

of

We will continue to work on the concept of addition. They are introducing things very quickly. We will do hands on activities to help with the material. We are still working on skip counting by 2's, 10's, and 5's.

We are going to have a class T-shirt. I found a great idea and would love to do it my last year. They will be $8 at the most. If you have a problem with it please let me know.

I also have to make a confession. In a senior moment I have misplaced all the permissions for blog posting and email. That is why you all are still getting info in the notebook. I thought they would show up but they haven"t. I am going to make a new document and send it. Sorry for the double work.

Remember that Friday is Early Release. We will make headbands and flags for the kids to take to the parade. They can show their ELK support.

Have a great week.

No comments: