Sunday, March 15, 2009

Week 28

I'd like to say thanks for all the hugs, thoughts, prayers, etc. that came from all of you. I did return to work on Tuesday and was met by 3 little girls with huge hugs. They assured me that is was OK that my mom died and it was OK if I cried. Life in the eyes of a 6 year old is a special thing. I am so lucky to do what I do. I have really enjoyed all the cards and notes written to me by these wonderful children and wonderful parents.

We will be starting our last book of the year (can you believe that!!) The first story is called "The Story of a Bluebird". It is a fiction story about a little bird who is afraid to fly. The sound for this story is /igh/ says long i. The new vocabulary words are:
afraid
flew
join
learn
nothing
thought
wonder

We will be doing review in math.

I have lots of kids who are on track for a shirt or some kind of AR award. I am so pleased that they have worked so hard.

I you have any great pictures of the program, please email them to me at tsass@elks.net. I will then be able to post them on the blog. I got a few that we took early in the morning, but none during the program. . .too many people and not enough time.

Once again thanks for all your concern.

Have a great Spring Break!!!

No comments: