Monday, March 30, 2009

Week 29

Just let me say I HATE WIND!!! Now I feel better.

Also my daughter is engaged so we finally get to have a wedding in our family. It has been a long time coming.

This week we will be reading "Frog and Toad all Year". It is a fiction piece that has a story within a story. The vocabulary words are:
caught
cold
hurried
near
son
sure

In math we will be working on patterns within the number grid. We will continue working on math facts, telling time, and counting money. We will also continue timed tests to speed up fact recognition.

I have started paying the kids for their work. They can't trade coins unless they can tell me what they are trading for and how much it is worth. It seems to be helping some. I will either be having an auction or a store where they can buy things with their money. I also charge them for things like replacing a lost baggie, misbehavior, and pencils. If their agenda is signed they earn extra money. They don't seem to be taking them home as much since we started doing the writing part in class. Please help by reminding your child to bring it home.

I am setting up a web page. This page will allow your child to go to it and do the activities that we do on the smartboard at school. I will have all the vocabulary words there with sound bytes so they can click on the word and hear it. This may be some good review practice this summer, if you wish. Please let me know if you think this will be helpful to you and your child. It will probably not be a fancy site but hopefully it will be functional. I am just learning this so please be patient. In order to use it, you will have to download a program. Instructions for that will be there. We will probably need to have a meeting to get permissions set and for me to show you how it will work.

I hope you all had a great Spring Break. I really didn't do anything special but it was nice to have the time to wind up some loose ends.

Have a great week.

No comments: