Sunday, February 21, 2010

Week 25

This week we are reading a non fiction story called "On the Job with Dr. Martha Smith." This story is written in the interview style to gain information about her job at an animal shelter. The sound this week is /ou/ (what you would say if I pinched you} made by the letters ou and ow. The new vocabulary words are:
any
Dr.
busy
care
eight
took


We will be doing the writing portion of homework in class. We will be working on handwriting, neatness, capitalization, and punctuation. We are practicing being second graders. This will give you more time for reading, math, and spelling at home.

This week in math we will be working on math facts, quarters, "What's My Rule", and time to the 5 minutes. It should be a really busy week. Please keep practicing time and money at home. Counting combinations of coins is still very difficult for many.

Congratulations to Corbyn and Gavin for earning AR shirts. I have tried to post their pictures but the slide show maker I use isn't cooperating. I will keep trying but I just keep getting an error message. I have given out several zipper pulls. Many are on track to have a shirt by the end of the year. Two or three are only a few away of earning a watch. The interest seems to have really picked up.

Remember that the Early Release days have been changed to March 3 and 5.

Have a great week.

No comments: