Sunday, October 17, 2010

Week 10

I hope everyone enjoyed the Fall Break. It was a great chance to relax a little bit.

Our story this week is "Space Pup". He is a super hero type guy. The sound we will be working on this week is short u, as in pup. There are several vocabulary words this week. They are:
gives
he
night
out
people
says
when
your

Spelling words are:
us
bus
bug
rug
mug
must
with
then
she
use

Questions of the Week:
Monday - no school
Tuesday - It is National Pizza Month. What do you like on your pizza?
Wednesday - It is National Pasta Month. What is your favorite pasta?
Thursday - It is Grouch Day. Tell me three things that make you grouchy.
Friday - It is School Lunch Week. What is your favorite school lunch.

In math we will be learning about dimes and counting combinations of coins that include pennies, nickels, and dimes. If you can help at home, that would be great. Money is a difficult concept.

I have done some conferences, and will be continuing to do them for the next 2 weeks. We have very little time allotted for them so we will be doing most of them after school. Thank you for taking the time to come in to discuss your child's progress.

I am asking one more time for a parent to coordinate the Halloween Party. I have most of the items. I just need someone to arrange for the treats. Please contact me, if you can do this.

No comments: