Monday, February 2, 2009

Week 22

SORRY!!!  The Super Bowl preempted my blogging.  Lots of friends and lots of food.  Wish the game could have ended 2 minutes sooner!!  

This week we are reading a nonfiction story called "At Home Around the World".  The vocabulary words are:
above
different
hold
old
warm
water
years

Math is totally geometry this week.  We will be doing shapes, shapes, shapes. Oh and did I mention shapes! The math boxes at the end of each lesson offer review of other concepts.  We have started taking timed tests on math facts.  They can miss one and move to the next level.  They get 2 minutes to do 42 problems.  

I'm sure all of you have heard the woes of the economy in the state of Arizona.  This is deeply effecting the schools.  I have been trying to instill a sense of caring and responsibility in the kids. Children who lose things or deliberately ruin things will have to do without.  A pencil may have to be replaced with a crayon, if the pencil is ruined on purpose.  Monster sandwiches will have to be stopped unless parents can jump in. I am willing to buy the meat if others will volunteer to send other things.  It won't be much per person but I also don't want to put anyone in a bad position.  Times are tough and I understand that not all can happen.  

The valentine party will be coming on the 13th.  I will attach a list of names.  Please have your child do the writing.  This is a skill they need to learn.  If you start early it won't be as traumatic.

PE seems to be going well and the kids enjoy it!!!

Have a good week!

No comments: