Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Week 9

Our new story is "Space Pup". He is a super hero type guy. Since this class really does well in the reading aspect for the most part we are going to forge ahead in the 2 short weeks we face. The phonics sound is short u. The vocabulary list is long:
gives
he
night
out
people
says
when
your

Spelling words are:
us
bus
bug
rug
mug
must
with
then
she
use

In math we will continue to concentrate on subtraction. Some are having trouble with the concept. You might just do a quick check at home to see if your child can tell you the signs, follow their directions, and do the problems correctly.

In writing we are working on using capitals, a punctuation mark, and leaving spaces between words. They are learning to add to existing pictures and stories. We are also starting to reread the story to see if we left out words.

Thanks so much for conference attendance. I will soon have met with every parent. That is such a good feeling. I have enjoyed visiting with you about y our child's strengths and weaknesses. Each of us needs a goal to work on.

I hope to get the T Shirts ordered so please send your money and make sure I have pictures and sizes. I would like to get these here as soon as possible so we can enjoy them to the max!!!

Remember, Thursday is an early release and Friday and Monday are no school for fall break. ENJOY!!! I think I will be ready to just sit around for a few days. This has been a busy few days. Thanks for being patient with my absences.

No comments: