Monday, April 2, 2012

Week 29


I hope everyone had a restful Spring Break.  Mine was very busy.  We went to KS to do some planning for my son's wedding in October.  We now have a venue and menu for the rehearsal dinner, a wedding dress, and material for the invitations. On our way out of town Rick hit a jackrabbit.  It broke the bumper on my car!  We had to come back home and take the truck.  CRAZY!!!

Also my Kansas Jayhawks made it to the final game.  I am beyond excited.  I kind think Kentucky will have them for lunch tonight but it has been a great ride!

Our story for this week is "Frog and Toad All Year." It is a fiction piece that has a story within a story. The phonics focus is long a made by ai and ay. The vocabulary words for the week are:
  • caught
  • cold
  • hurried
  • near
  • son
  • sure
In math we will continue counting money.  We get dimes to count this week.  We will be counting collections of coins.

Remember that Friday is a day off since we didn't use any snow days.  

Let's fill a box for our soldier one more time this year.  I know that he enjoys the treats we send.  It is such a small thing to do for someone who is protecting our country.

Have a great week.


No comments: