Tuesday, January 3, 2012

CHRISTMAS AROUND THE WORLD

The day before vacation started the first grade teachers did a 'Christmas Around the World' rotation. They learned and ate their way around the classrooms. One of my students told me that everyone served good food but me. They started with England so I took mincemeat and fruit cake. . .it did have fruit skewers for Hawaii so I think I redeemed myself. They seemed to enjoy and the day. Thanks to my first grade team for putting together such a fun day for the kids.

Nancy Davis came to teach them the Hukilau. I had wanted to accent her opera talents but that didn't happen. The kids loved it though. Thanks for being a trooper, Nancy. Hopefully this short video of the hula will work and give you a chuckle. They are such cute kids.

No comments: