Monday, January 30, 2012

Week 21

Our story this week is "Me on the Map." It is a non-fiction story. The sound this week is long a as in cape. The new vocabulary words are:
country
Earth
over
special
town
world

We will be finishing up time this week and moving on to number patterns.  Time seems to have puzzled a few kids.  You might work on it a bit at home when the opportunity arises.  We will continue taking timed tests to build automaticity with the math facts.  

In spelling, you child should pass List 13 this week.  We are working on spelling daily.  I am hoping we can get everyone caught up.  If you have lost your spelling list booklet, let me know.  I will send a new one.  You can also get them on the blog.  

AR keeps rolling along.  I am watching more kids get excited about it and join in the reading fun.  I can certainly tell.  The reading level jumps tremendously when they become independent readers.  I have several that are close to getting a shirt.  I hope I can give some away this week.

Have a great week.

No comments: